Sunday 27 March 2016

Anniversary



It's been a year, its been a year
                since they took you
shall I count the days, the minutes
the hours and seconds? no
                you already know
all the lost stories at bedtime
and snuffles at night
and smiles in the morning (from you
I always grumbled, and we traded
roles in the afternoon)

It's been a year, it's been a year
                 since they took you
shall I speak of the grief, the anger
the shock, the hungry fear? no
                 you already know
all the ways I miss you
and love you dear
and want you here (safe in
my arms and talking in gestures,
our lifetime language)

its been a year, its been a year
               since they took you
and I will get you home again
will get stronger, will brave on
                you already know
....I hope, always,
I hope for you

No comments:

Post a Comment